Saturday, April 4, 2020

Flushable Wipes? No Thank You!

Never did I ever think I would write the words toilet paper crisis. COVID-19 seems to be bringing out truly surreal turns of phrase. I too ran out of this much coveted limited resource. I did not enjoy my short sojourn into the sustainable alternatives and am deeply grateful for my paper-based stock. 

My research and experiments made me aware of wipes.... a relatively new-to-me product that inspired a research rabbit hole. After an hour or so of reading, I decided to do another done-in-a-day weekend video project. The final product is technically-nerdy, videographically-rough and done in good quarantine fun. It made a friend in the wastewater industry giggle and clap.... so from my perspective, the effort was a COMPLETE success. The long-ish ~6 minute video found on YouTube here:

Wipes versus Plumbing - The No-Nos of Toilet Paper Substitution - YouTube

VIDEO DESCRIPTION: What’s the big deal about toilet paper? Flood risk management for one thing. Learn more about why your wipe choices matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment